Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Mistaken Identity!


Hi all! :)
Before I start off, let me wish all the readers a very happy December - a season of holidays, celebration, music, Christmas and New Year! I love December a lot! It has something for everyone - kids get chocolates from Santa Claus, we get holidays, the old people definitely find great solace in music season, at least in Tamil Nadu!
Very recently, the whole word seemed to sing "Why this kolaveri di..." Can't help listening to that song - Well, I did listen... a five times perhaps. But that was all. It is really nice! Got to agree!
In fact, a tamil song creating waves all around the world is really a thing to celebrate for the people of Tamil language and other Tamilians! Some article read "Why this... giving a tough time for people like Lady Gaga..." Well, yeah, this is much better than her songs in any case!
There were millions of shares in facebook and other social networking sites. I even saw the song in UTV Bindaas - first time ever, a tamil song! (I have seen some retarded tamil ads in that channel, but first time a song!). To top it all, a WIKIPEDIA page!
All good, except the madness that was unfortunately associated with this song! "Proud to be Tamilian" some one wrote! Oh are you??? I never understood how this song represented TAMILIANS! Indeed, it doesn't represent Tamil Nadu either! It's just a random song with an interesting tune! That IS all! If you want to hear good tamil songs, look for somewhere else!
All said and done, I love this song too. But I am not listening it now. And I don't think anyone is listening it now either! That says the story...! I still have songs from 'Roja' in my phone. We never considered listening 'Kolaveri' in earphones!

கொதிப்புடன்,
அருண்கார்த்திக்!

மீண்டும் சந்திப்போம்!

3 comments:

Post a Comment