Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Navratri Special : Golu

The Period of Navratri is over for this year but the memories surrounding it is vast and can't be erased not that much easily. I visited some of my friends home for a special thing this year. I take pride in telling this. This is the only year I've visited and recorded in my history(who knows about this history...! Even I dont know), that I've visited a number of GOLUs.
Golu - in short we can say it as an arrangement of dolls and statues of Gods, toys(even barbie, If you want in this modern world but nothing vulgar), in a neat well planned arrangement design with some good innovative concepts. This takes nothing more than this. At the end of this article you can find some pictures i've recorded. This practice of Indians(till my knowledge, who knows even in some other countries too) is awesome and I can say this particular festival would attract small kids to arrange their toys in a neat way. Also I've come across about the behaviour of one of my close friends who used to have the hobby of collecting PILLAIYAR idols ranging any size and cost. I got attracted to this hobby of hers and I also started picking it up for her and I've collected Pillayar idols as like her. So this makes a good hobby too altogether. Ahem...! Coming back to the topic, this festival is so energetic in North India. I came to know about this from my colleagues in work place who used to dance DANDIYA during this fest in the temples at one particular day. Also there used to be union of relatives who were in long distance and can reach them at only special occasions like this. I've come across in temples also near my place where you can see Golu arrangement because of the spiritual idea behind this. Altogether this year - 2012, the Navratri season went to be a good one as far as i'm concerned and kept me working tight by visiting my friend's homes. Might be in next year, I'll be posting about the review of Golu kept at my home. (Fingers crossed).

Golu Spl Photos: 
Right Click and open in new tab for HD View

0 comments:

Post a Comment