Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, April 01, 2012

2012 - and beyond!

I don't understand the technical terms used by various people in all those so-called Geographic summits that happen around the world. But these things always intrigued me...
"When I was in school, I learnt that there were four seasons - Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring. I have lived for 21 years so far; and I have seen just two - Summer and Winter.
Living in Chennai now, I mostly see ONE monotonous season all over the year!"

When our parents studied also, there was not much electricity for 24 hours. They did not have any difficulty in studying because the earth was not this hot those days! I still remember, in the last decade, whenever power went off, I used to hang out just outside my house with friends and talk and talk. It was not that tough.
Now - PLUS humidity, MINUS friends / neighbours!

 "I still see four seasons in other continents. The US has many coloured leaves in different seasons. Why not here?"

"My city looks so picturesque when it rains. Yes... When it rains! When it rains?"

"Hot climate is called Summer. What is boiling climate called?"

"It's okay if there's no electricity in cold places. But Chennai has frequent power cuts nowadays! What will free laptops produce when there's no electricity? Provoke people to use stand-by modes which harm the environment all the more!"

"Water is a natural resource, so is air. We pay for water! Soil too; but it's being stolen from the river-beds!"


"I used to get fresh air at 6AM in the mornings; I USED TO!"


" Water was never so salty as it is now, or horrible, for that matter. Where did all the 'nice' water go?"


Take care of our planet!
Thinking about the FOUR seasons...


ak

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Power Cuts can be minimized once the kudankulam Power plant is opened ;)

but we can minimize the emissions by not burning the dried leaves, instead we can just bury them off so that soil fertility is increased... by doing this we can just bring down our emissions level by many levels which further decreases the heat quotient ;)

sadly although we know these things, we don't follow :(

ak said...

We are just too lazy!

Post a Comment