Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Monday, January 30, 2012

Semester 8 Aftermath!


Hi all!
Wishing you a Happy New Year 2012!
This is my first post this year, I guess, so, there's no harm in wishing late! Better late than never, they say! :)
And to all those who are not from SRM and other elderly people, I have finished my last semester exams. You can call me 'Engineer' now...! Just project work remains. But for that, I am almost done. Well, ALMOST!


These are really tricky times, REALLY bizarre periods! Life goes so smooth till you suddenly end up with these bloated times which are in such stark contrast with the times you were experiencing for the past three-and-a-half years or so.
Placements - done!
Exams - done!
Project - will be done!
Higher studies - not yet decided! This is not the time to decide. Let results come!
Farewell - done!
What else is left in our college life?
I am not reviling the finishing of semester 8 exams. People just get confused what to do!
I asked my friend... "What are you going to do this month?" He said, "I can play games! Mother can't stop me from anything now! No one can question me!" "Fair enough" I thought. Can't blame him. Lamentations of a beautiful mind!


I can't do that, I am not him. I inquired another one. "There's no way I am studying more! B.Tech was just possible; can't do more!" Yeah Yeah... Of course! It was tough! Can't damn him either. Well done mate!


Life's not that tough for SRMites who got placed in Accenture. They have some odd four-lettered program (HSIP / HSFP I am not sure, who cares?) starting soon. "The American mindset cannot change! They never paid a penny for conducting classes in SRM!"


I asked a girl this time. She said "I don't know. I am placed. But not sure if I will join..." Well well, they can SIT at home. That's an additional option they have. They don't get the bread after all! They have all the time in the world. The queer difference is that, this is an OPTION for them. For boys, this isn't! (I know I know...)


Some people have already applied and achieved MS seats. Fortunate people, they can take rest for some four months without the slightest feeling of guilt! They deserve it after all!


Some wrote CAT, only to see CAT pounce on them like the shrill TIGER! They are still there! Bad rememberings for some!


Whatever it is, some people cannot study Computer Science any more (This may include me... sometime)! Still, we become anaemic you see! It's hard to put time to good use at all times!
Most of the time, we sit in front of the computer with austere faces thinking what to do. Mostly facebook, gmail, FIFA, that's all! We easily become loungers in the afternoons! Text someone, no replies. So... sleep! Wake up in the evenings, tea or coffee or Milo. Come back to computer again. Sleep. Dinner. Sleep. Oh yeah 24 hours... See you tomorrow!


One odd morning, a friend calls and wants a get-together. Why not? That's the only exception to the routine we may get! And after that, the tape recorder plays again!


Don't think; feel, says Bruce Lee. True, just enjoy the moment! Don't think too much. Sing a song, watch a movie, play hard. After all, we pushed a mountain for four years in a row. I repeat, IN A ROW!


Long live engineers!
"One small extension after our names;
 A giant leap for our lives!!!"


ak :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment